Answered By: David Palmquist Last Updated: May 31, 2016 Views: 90
- The first step is completing the FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov) by March 2nd.
- On the FAFSA application students must indicate that they are interested in FWS by answering “Yes” to Question 31 “In addition to grants, are you interested in being considered for work study or student loans?”
- In 2015/16 the FWS award eligibility criteria is the following: The student must have a zero EFC AND either the student or parent received a federal means tested benefit OR they were an auto zero (as determined by their FAFSA).
- Lastly, the student must submit any required documentation by the deadline provided.
- Note: Students that answer “yes” to question 31 are NOT guaranteed a work study award. Work-study awards are based on funding availability and other requirements