Answered By: Cassandra Thompson Last Updated: May 31, 2016 Views: 60
- Former students that graduated or stopped attending BEFORE Spring 2008; Unofficial Transcripts are NOT available.
- Unofficial Transcript for students that graduated or stopped attending in Spring 2008 or later
Transcripts may be ordered one of two ways:
- Via the internet 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse.
- By completing the Transcript Request Form and providing a personal check to cover the related fees either in person or by mail.
Via the Internet through National Student Clearinghouse:
Transcripts can be ordered via the Internet 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse. You can place as many orders as you like in one session using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your transcript order has been completed. Status updates of your order will be e-mailed to you. You can also track your order online using your e-mail address and order number.
Benefits that you realize from online Transcript Ordering are:
- Convenient 24/7 access
- Secure transactions Automatic order updates via email
- Online order tracking
- Ability to order multiple transcripts for multiple recipients in one order
- The convenience of paying for your transcript order with your credit card
- No "lost time" waiting for the request to be delivered to the campus through the mail
- Availability of PDF formatted electronic transcript if you attended Spring 1990 or after
You may access this service through the secure student portal as an option within the Titan Online Student Center. By using this secured personal access, you will not be required to sign a consent form releasing your transcript.
If you are a former student, you may access the online transcript ordering service by contacting the National Student Clearinghouse at http://www.mystudentcenter.org. After navigating to their "Order a transcript" page you will need to select California State University, Fullerton. Your signed consent will be required to fulfill your transcript order. For your convenience, a consent form will be generated for your order that you can return via fax, mail or as a scanned email attachment. For students who attended spring 1990 or after, electronic transcripts may be requested in PDF format.
Transcript Fees -
Standard Transcript Processing Fees
$4.00 for 1st copy order
$2.00 additional copies on same order up to 10
$1.00 additional copies on same order over 10
1 at $4.00 = $4.00
9 at $2.00 = $18.00
4 at $1.00 = $4.00
14 = $26 Total
Transcripts processed through National Student Clearinghouse
National Student Clearinghouse Service Fees*
- Paper format - $2.25 per requested destination (address) plus standard transcript processing fee
- Electronic PDF format - $4.00 per requested recipient plus standard transcript processing fee - (available if attended spring 1990 or after)
*Note: National Student Clearinghouse Service fees are in addition to the standard transcript processing fees. The National Student Clearinghouse is a non-profit organization serving the higher education community. The service fee is charged to cover their operating expenses for providing this service.
NSC Paper Transcript 2 copies each to a different address
1 at $4.00 + $2.25 = $6.25
1 at $4.00 + $2.25 = $6.25
2 = $12.50 Total
NSC Electronic PDF Transcript 2 copies each to a different recipient
1 at $4.00 + $4.00 = $8.00
1 at $4.00 + $4.00 = $8.00
2 = $16.00 Total
Transcript Request Form
If you do not want to order your transcripts online through the National Student Clearinghouse, you will need to provide a written request for transcripts. Forms are available at the Admissions and Records Service Center (LH-114) or you may Download Transcript Request form (PDF 37KB) *. After printing the form, simply fill it out and mail to the address below. Please don't forget to put your signature (e.g. student's signature) at the bottom of the request. All requests must include the following information:
- Your full name and any previous names you may have used as a CSUF student.
- Your student ID - if you do not have this information, your Social Security number may be used to confirm your record.
- Your birth date
- The approximate dates of attendance
- Complete address to which you'd like the transcripts sent
- If you are a current CSUF graduating senior, please indicate if you wish to have your request held for degree posting.
- Your signature is required.
- Your payment of transcripts fees must be enclosed. Orders without payment enclosed will not be processed.
Student Financial Services Office
P.O. Box 6808
Fullerton, CA 92834-6808
Acceptable forms of payment when mailing in your written request are check, money order, cashier's check, or foreign money order. We cannot accept credit card payment for mailed or in person requests.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON ORDERING TRANSCRIPTS
- Always strive to process requests for paper transcripts within 3-5 working days from CSUF's receipt of your order.
- During busy request times (e.g. end of term), the processing time may take as long as 5-7 working days.
- Remember that the 3-5 days processing time means the time it takes to process the request in our office. This processing time does not include allotting the time required for mailing the request to us or us mailing the transcript to your recipient(s). When making your request, you should plan sufficient lead time to allow for possible delays.
- Requests for electronic PDF transcripts are processed the same work day if received by 3pm PST. Orders received after 3pm will be processed the next work day.
- There are no "RUSH" transcript services. If you attended spring 1990 or after, it is suggested you request an electronic transcript in PDF format for the most expedient processing option.
- No "same day" service is available. All transcript requests are processed in the order in which they are received.
- Transcripts cannot be faxed to you or other recipients.
- We do not have a "pick-up" service. Transcripts will be mailed to the requested destination.
- Transcripts are not issued if you have an outstanding obligation to the university.
- An opened transcript will not be REVALIDATED nor RESEALED. A new transcript MUST be ordered and standard processing fees must be paid.
- Only California State University, Fullerton transcripts will be issued. Transcripts from other institutions must be ordered directly from those institutions.
- Partial transcripts will not be issued under any circumstances.
- In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, your records will not be released to a third-party without your written consent.
- If you request "Send after current grades are recorded", the request will be held until all current term grades have been completely processed and academic status determined. (Approximately 2-3 weeks after the last day of finals.) This applies to both paper and electronic PDF format transcripts.
- If you request "Hold for degree posting", your degree may take as long as 4-8 weeks to complete after the final grades are entered in our system. Degrees are not posted at the same time as term grades. This applies to both paper and electronic PDF format transcripts.
- Education credentials are not considered to be an academic degree. Credentials are issued by the State of California. They are not posted on an academic transcript.